The IEEE R10 Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group of the Year Award is given annually to one WIE Affinity Group (including Student Affinity Group) in Asia pacific Region (R10) that have shown outstanding leadership and initiative in organizing activities. The award is based on programs that took place during the period of 1 January to 31 December of the preceding year.
The IEEE Women in Engineering initiative has been established to promote achievements of women professionals in fields of interest to IEEE. WIE promotes membership growth and elevation of its members. Also, WIE gathers and disseminates information on the status of women in technology and science.
Call for Nominations – March 2nd week
Nomination Deadline – End of May
Nominees and Recipient Notified – August 1st week
BASIS OF SELECTION
The IEEE R10 WIE Affinity Group of the Year Award is selected based on the following criteria:
- Quality of activities and programs sponsored/co-sponsored by the affinity group
- Quantity of activities and programs
- The number of participants at regular meetings and other activities and programs
- Demonstrations of outreach programs to young women
- The number of people served by the outreach
- Communication with its members
- Growth of affinity group membership
- Affinity group website (if available)
The above criteria take into account that IEEE R10 WIE Affinity Groups vary in size and resources. In reviewing the number of participants in meetings, etc., the R10 WIE Committee will take into consideration the percentage of participants from the available pool of members and individuals that could be served.
If no candidate is found to be suitable, no award will be given for the year.
- The nomination form sent with the Call for Nominations must be completed by Nominator who is familiar with the work and contribution of the candidate. Nominator must be IEEE members of any membership grade. Then nominations must be endorsed by the Section Chair.
- Nominations must be sent to IEEE R10 WIE Coordinator by the end of May in electronic means (pdf file) or Fax. Make sure that an acknowledgement is received after sending the complete form, or it should be assumed that the submission is not received.
As a general rule, an Affinity Group cannot receive this award more than once every three years.
The winning IEEE R10 WIE Affinity Group of the Year is awarded a certificate of recognition.
This selection is to be done by an appropriate selection committee appointed by the IEEE R10 WIE coordinator. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
The IEEE R10 WIE Affinity Group of the Year Award would be sent to the Section Chair for the presentation at an appropriate event.
NOTIFICATION AND RECORD
The R10 WIE Coordinator notifies the result of selection by e-mail to the R10 Sections, on the R10 Website and in the R10 Newsletter. The R10 WIE Coordinator also maintains a record of award recipients on the R10 Website.
NOMINATIONS SUBMITTED TO
IEEE R10 Women In Engineering Coordinator
Prof. Takako Hashimoto
FAX: +65 6778 9723
Related Files: R10 WIE Nomination Form