2018 IEEE R10 WIE Outstanding Volunteer Award: Call for Nomination
The R10 IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) takes initiatives to provide various values for IEEE members and societies in Asia pacific Region (R10) and promote achievements of women engineers/professionals.
The visions are:
- Inspire, Engage, Encourage and Empower contribution of women in science and technology worldwide, and especially in R10
- Promote women in science and engineering in R10
- Motivate and inspire women engineers & scientists
- Foster women’s technological skills
- Encourage girls to be engineers & scientists
R10 WIE Student / Professional Volunteer Award has been established to recognize individuals who have exhibited exemplary and substantive leadership of an extraordinary nature in implementing activities which support the visions of R10 WIE, as stated above, at the local, regional, national, and/or international level. The accomplishments of the candidate should be of “significant performance” and should have made a distinguishing contribution to R10 WIE.
One Award per year
- IEEE Region 10 WIE Outstanding Student Volunteer Award targets R10 WIE Student Member. IEEE Region 10 WIE Outstanding Professional Volunteer Award targets R10 WIE /Young Professional Member grade or higher.
- Nominee must be an individual.
- The individuals nominated must be WIE members at the time of nomination.
- Nominee must be an IEEE R10 WIE member in good standing who has made an identifiable creative achievement and/or a significant contribution toward the visions of R10 WIE.
- Nominee’s achievement and contribution must have been made within last 3 years for this award.
- A member of the R10 WIE committee cannot be a Nominee.
- Nominee must not have received the IEEE R10 WIE Volunteer (Most Inspiring Engineer, previously) Award within the last 3 years.
- The call for nomination is available from the R10 WIE website ( http://wie.ieeer10.org/). The nomination could be filled online or submitted online. It must be completed by Nominator who is familiar with the work and contribution of the candidate(s).
- Nominator must be IEEE members of professional membership grade.
- The nomination must be endorsed by the respective Section Chair to be considered valid.
- Members of the R10 WIE Committee cannot act as Nominator.
Basis of Selection
The IEEE R10 WIE Volunteer Award is selected based on the following points relating to the candidate’s eligibility:
- Contribution for the visions of R10 WIE
- Impact of activities over the society
- Uniqueness of the approach
- Outreach & societal implication
- Leadership ability
If no candidate is found to be suitable, no award will be given in the year.
Award Selection Committee shall consist of the IEEE R10 WIE Coordinator as Chair, three members from R10 WIE Subcommittee, and one nominee of R10 ARC Chair.
Nomination Deadline: 30th, June 2018
Award Announcement: August 2018
The winning IEEE R10 WIE Volunteer(s) is/are awarded a framed certificate of recognition.
The awards will be presented during the R10 SYWL Congress if scheduled for the year, with winners attending on self-funding basis. Otherwise, the awards will be handed over to the respective Section Chair during the IEEE R10 Annual meeting.
The IEEE R10 WIE Coordinator notifies the result of selection by e-mail to the R10 Sections, on the R10 Website and in the R10 Newsletter. A record of award recipients is also maintained in R10 Website.
More information or request could be sent to R10 Women in Engineering Coordinator (Contact details available on the R10 website).