The R10 IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) takes initiatives to provide various values for IEEE members and societies in Asia pacific Region (R10) and promote achievements of women engineers/professionals. The visions are:
- Inspire, Engage, Encourage and Empower contribution of women in science and technology worldwide, and especially in R10.
- Promote women in science and engineering in R10.
- Motivate and inspire women engineers & scientists.
- Foster women’s technological skills.
- Encourage girls to be engineers & scientists.
R10 WIE Student / Professional Volunteer Award has been established to recognize individuals who have exhibited exemplary and substantive leadership of an extraordinary nature in implementing activities which support the visions of R10 WIE, as stated above, at the local, regional, national, and/or international level. The accomplishments of the candidate should be of “significant performance” and should have made a distinguishing contribution to R10 WIE.
For More Details – OutstandingStudentVolunteerAward.pdf
Past Recipients – R10 WIE Outstanding Student Volunteer Award
2015 R10 WIE Volunteer Award (Student): Ms. Hibi Ovais Laifee (Karachi Section)
2014 R10 WIE Student Volunteer Award: Ms. Rajlaxmi Chouhan (Kharagpur Section)
2013 R10 WIE Student Volunteer Award: Ms. Rabail Raza, Pakistan WIE Forum