IEEE R10 WIE committee invites SECTIONs to submit project proposals to bid for 2014 WIE support fund. The proposal form 2014_R10WIEFund_propsal_form must be completed and submitted by SECTION. Call for Proposal printable: CFP_WIEFund
So far, R10 WIE has supported WIE Section/SB AGs directly by selecting projects sent by them. But this year, R10 would like to support SECTIONS so that SECTIONS can promote WIE activities in each section more comprehensively and strategically. We call for project proposals from SECTIONs. Namely, project proposers should be SECTIONs. All proposed projects should be in line with the Mission and Vision of IEEE WIE:
1. PROGRESS Program
To overcome gender-equality obstacles, change of mind is essential. The project “PROGRESS – PROmote GendeR Equal Societies in Science” promotes activities for visualizing gender-equality status, changing our conservative mindset and reforming social awareness. The primary activities and programs of PROGRESS project include the following:
1. Survey of the current gender-equality status through questionnaire, interview or other investigation activities.
2. Gender-equality promotion in cooperation with rural areas to support women and young people in rural societies by imparting technical training and utilizing natural resources.
R10 WIE Promotes the setting up of WIE Tracks or sessions in conferences held in R10, where how to inspire, engage and empower contributions of women in science and technology worldwide is to be discussed. Proposals are invited from interested sections, Society Chapters and conference organizers.
R10 WIE also promotes WIE congresses/forums to be organized to make networking between the members possible by providing a forum where the members speak as the collective voice of IEEE WIE to share and discuss their views for change.
4. STAR Program
This educational outreach program promotes involvement of IEEE members with local junior high and high schools in order to create a positive image of engineering careers. For more information, please visit http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/women/star.html
5. Other Activities
Proposals are not restricted to above activities. New innovative proposals are also welcome and funding will be allocated.
- SECTION can submit up to 2 proposals.
- Each proposal can consist of up to 3 projects, and each project activity should meet WIE Mission & Vision and be held in January-November of 2014.
- SECTION should cover more than 50% of the proposed project(s) cost, and can request “WIE fund” up to $600 per proposal.
- SECTION should submit activity reports and expense reports of the project(s) which receive the R10 fund within one month after the completion of the project. The activity report should be also published in the R10 Newsletter.
- If the activity/expense reports are not be submitted within the time limit, the SECTION cannot receive the WIE fund.
LIMIT OF SUPPORT FOR EACH PROPOSAL – UP to $600
Call for Proposals – Mid of March
Proposal Deadline –May 9th
Recipient Notified – End of June
PROPOSALS SUBMITTED TO:
IEEE R10 Women In Engineering Coordinator Prof. Takako Hashimoto To: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com FAX: +65 6778 9723