The R10 IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) takes initiatives to provide various values for IEEE members and societies in Asia pacific Region (R10) and promote achievements of women engineers/professionals. The visions are:
• Inspire, Engage, Encourage and Empower contribution of women in science and technology worldwide, and especially in R10
• Promote women in science and engineering in R10
• Motivate and inspire women engineers & scientists
• Foster women’s technological skills
• Encourage girls to be engineers & scientists
R10 WIE Student / Professional Volunteer Award has been established to recognize individuals who have exhibited exemplary and substantive leadership of an extraordinary nature in implementing activities which support the visions of R10 WIE, as stated above, at the local, regional, national, and/or international level. The accomplishments of the candidate should be of “significant performance” and should have made a distinguishing contribution to R10 WIE. For more information, click here.
Based on the merit of each candidate, the R10 Awards & Recognition Committee may decide on the number of wis for the prevailing contest year. If no candidate is found to be suitable, no award will be given in that year.
no award will be given in that year.
• IEEE Region 10 WIE Student Award targets R10 WIE Student Member grade.
• IEEE Region 10 WIE Professional Award targets R10 WIE /Young
Professional Member grade or higher.
• Nominee must be an IEEE R10 WIE member in good standing who has made an identifiable creative achievement and/or a significant contribution toward the visions of R10 WIE.
• Nominee must be an individual.
• The individuals nominated must be WIE members at the time of nomination.
• Nominee’s achievement and contribution must have been made within last 3 years for this award.
• A member of the R10 WIE committee cannot be a Nominee.
• Nominee must not have received the IEEE R10 WIE Volunteer (Most Inspiring Engineer, previously) Award within the last 3 years.
• The nomination form available from the R10 WIE website at:
http://wie.ieeer10.org/awards/, nomination form must be completed by Nominator who is familiar with the work and contribution of the candidate(s) and endorsed by the Section Chair. Nominator must be IEEE members of professional membership grade. Members of the R10 WIE Committee cannot act as Nominator.
• Nomination form (pdf file) must be sent to IEEE R10 WIE Coordinator via electronic means. Make sure that an acknowledgement is received after sending the complete form in a few days, or it should be assumed that the submission is not received.
• As a general rule, an Affinity Group cannot receive this award more than once every three years.
Basis of Selection
The IEEE R10 WIE Volunteer Award is selected based on the following points relating to the candidate’s eligibility:
• Contribution for the visions of R10 WIE
• Impact of activities over the society
• Uniqueness of the approach
• Outreach & societal implication
• Leadership ability
If no candidate is found to be suitable, no award will be given in the year.
This selection is to be done by an appropriate selection committee appointed by the IEEE R10 WIE Committee Chair. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
• Call for Nominations: 27 March 2019
• Nomination Deadline: 27 May 2019
• Evaluation period: June – July 2019
• Recipient Notified: August 2019
A Plaque will be awarded to the Winner. One-year IEEE Membership fee (basic membership only) will be subsidized by R10 for the award winner.
Award certificate of the IEEE Region 10 WIE Volunteer Award will be presented to the primary delegate from the Section that the winner(s) belong to, at the R10 Annual Meeting for them to be further presented to the winner(s) at appropriate occasions of the Sections. If the representatives of the winner(s) are able to join the R10 annual meeting without any financial support from R10, it is possible for the award certificate to be directly presented to them at the meeting.
The IEEE R10 WIE Committee Chair notifies the result of selection by e-mail to the R10 Sections, on the R10 Website and in the R10 Newsletter. The IEEE R10 ARC Chair also maintains a record of award recipients on the R10 Website.
Submission of nomination forms to:
• R10 Women in Engineering Committee Chair, Ms. Emi Yano at: email@example.com
• Cc. IEEE Asia-Pacific Limited Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Cc. to R10 Awards & Recognition Coordinator (email@example.com)
For more information, visit http://wie.ieeer10.org/awards/
(1) IEEE R10 WIE Outstanding Volunteer Award Nomination Form
(2) Nominator Information Form
(3) Endorser Information Form