IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is the largest international professional organization dedicated in promoting women engineers and scientists. The R 10 Affinity group aims to do just that by reaching out with technology to educate women and children and encourage them to aspire to be Engineers.
Mission and Vision of IEEE WIE
- The mission of IEEE WIE is to inspire, engage, encourage, and empower IEEE women worldwide.
- IEEE WIE envisions a vibrant community of IEEE women and men innovating the world of tomorrow.
IEEE WIE strives to
- recognize women’s outstanding achievements in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations;
- organize receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE;
- advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession;
- provide assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities;
- promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow;
- facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs;
- administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools.
The WIE at Region 10 aims to:
1. Inspire young women in high schools to take up Engineering & technical studies & career
2. Engage the interests of women in enhancing their technological and professional skills
3. Encourage women to their acquired skills and education for the betterment of the
4. Empower and foster women in leadership roles and career advancement