IEEE Region 10 WIE committee invites you to submit proposals to bid for 2013 WIE support fund for the following activities:
1. Progress Program
To overcome gender-equality obstacles, change of mind is essential. The project “PROGRESS – PROmote GendeR Equal Societies in Science” promotes activities for visualizing gender-equality status, changing our conservative mindset and reforming social awareness.
The primary activities and programs of Progress project include the following:
- Survey of the current gender-equality status through questionnaire, interview or other investigation activities.
- Gender-equality promotion in cooperation with rural areas to support women and young people in rural societies by imparting technical training and utilising natural resources.
R10 WIE Promotes the setting up of WIE Tracks or sessions in conferences held in R10, where how to inspire, engage and empower contributions of women in science and technology worldwide is to be discussed. Proposals are invited from interested sections, Society Chapters and conference organisers.
R10 WIE also promotes WIE congresses/forums to be organised by WIE Affinity Groups to make networking between the members possible by providing a forum where the members speak as the collective voice of IEEE WIE to share and discuss their views for change.
4. R10 WIE STAR Program
This educational outreach program promotes involvement of IEEE members with local junior high and high schools in order to create a positive image of engineering careers.
For more information, please visit www.ieee.org/web/membership/women/star.html
5. Other Activities
Proposals are not restricted to above activities. New innovative proposals are also welcome and funding will be allocated.
R10 WIE will provide support fund to carry out the activity in partnership with respective sections which aims to inspire, engage and empower contributions of women in science and technology worldwide.
- The R10 fund is targeted at WIE activities held in R10 from January 2013 to December 2013.
- The proposal forms must be completed by proposer and endorsed by the Section Chair.
- In the proposal form, the proposer information, the proposal information, the budget plan and the requested budget (up to $400) should be specified. The proposal should be also duly endorsed by the Section Chair. (Signature of the Chair)
- R10 WIE provides part of the cost of the activity (up to $400) in each case. Part of the cost of the activity must be borne by the respective section or any other sources.
- Proposal must be submitted to the IEEE R10 WIE Coordinator (CC: IEEE APO) no later than the end of April in electronic means. Please make sure that an acknowledgement is received after sending the proposal within 3days, or it should be assumed that the submission is not received.
- After the end of program, proposer has to submit the result report according to the general guideline for the R10 Newsletter and the final financial report for the activity. The report should be sent within 2 months after the activity.
- The result report would be published in the R10 Newsletter and IEEE WIE Newsletter.
- After confirming the result report and the financial report, R10 WIE will start the fund transfer process.
Limit of support for each proposal – UP to $400
Call for Proposals – Early March
Proposal Deadline – May 5th
Recipient Notified – End of June
Proposals Submitted To
IEEE R10 Women In Engineering Coordinator
Prof. Takako HashimotoTo: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com FAX: +65 6778 9723