Message From R10 WIE Coordinator 2019-2022
IEEE WIE is one of the world’s leaders in changing the face of engineering. Currently, more than 16000 WIE members are active (as of January 2021) in Region 10. I am delighted to work with you all, committee members & supporting volunteer members, affinity group chairs and active WIE members in R10.
Region 10 WIE Committee promote activities relevant to female professionals/students such as leadership skills, personal development and knowledge sharing for professional development. Our objectives are: (1) Promote women involvement in science and engineering in R10, (2) Facilitate the development of supporting program and activities of WIE in R10, (3) Enhance networking and knowledge sharing of WIE, (4) Recognize WIE’s outstanding achievement in R10 and promote nominations for MGA awards from R10.
Activity Plans in 2021:
1. WIE Engagement Project: WIE Engagement Program is aiming to promote R10 Section WIE Affinity Groups initiatives as well as WIE membership development and retention. We will support the establishment of new WIE Affinity Groups and motivate and guide less active or inactive groups in performing activities. We have more networking opportunities for accelerating communication between WIE members in R10.
2. WIE Support Fund: R10 WIE encourages the development of local activities to solve the social issues under the COVID-19 situation.
3. WIE Visibility Enhancement through R10 Events: We will promote networking, sharing of knowledge and launch new initiatives to support R10 WIE objectives through R10 flagship conferences. We will support WIE track at TENSYMP/TENCON/R10HTC and WIE track across sections.
4. 2021 IEEE R10 WIE Awards: IEEE R10 WIE will identify outstanding WIE Affinity Groups, Student Branch WIE Affinity Groups and outstanding WIE volunteers (student/professional) for IEEE R10 WIE awards. 2021 R10 WIE awards are for activity/contributions during 2020.
Let us all work together to change the world!
5. MentorHer (Mentors-Mentees program): As a new initiative, R10 WIE starts mentoring program in 2021.
IEEE R10 WIE Committee Chair 2019-2022
For more details about WIE, please click here.