Funding Objective and Scope
Region 10 aims to support WIE Affinity Group to organize various types of activity in their local community. The activity should focus on promoting women in engineering, sciences, and technology in both technical and personal development aspects.
Each year’s theme of activity is different but follows the current mission and vision of IEEE. In 2023-2024, IEEE will pay attention to climate change’s importance and encourage every IEEE organization unit to organize an activity that addresses the need to prevent or stop climate change.
Region 10 WIE also wants to encourage all of our regional AGs to address the needs, challenges, or struggles that WIE has to go through in the era of climate change. IEEE Region 10 WIE committee is then presenting the special support funds for WIE AGs who wish to organize events or activities that would raise the awareness of the World’s Climate Change and the Role of Women in Engineering to combat the challenge or to raise concerns internationally.
Chair of the WIE Affinity Group of each section or Chair of the Student Branch WIE Affinity Group.
- Each WIE Affinity Group can submit one proposal
- All submissions require endorsement from the Section Chair
- Section is encouraged to coordinate with Section WIE AG and Student Branch WIE AGs to comprehensively and strategically propose WIE activities.
- Face-to-Face activities: A maximum of US$ 400
- Hybrid (face-to-face and virtual) activities: A maximum of US$ 400
- Virtual Activities: A maximum of US$ 200
Please itemize all expenses in US dollars only (please do not use local currency in the proposal).
Individual travel expenses (of any kind) will not be approved.
Policy of section matching fund:
When we support an activity in a large section, R10 WIE supports only equal or less than 50% of total expenses. The remaining funds will have to be supported by the section and/or other sources of funding. If it is a medium section, the support is up to 75% and for a small section, it is 100%
Section Incentives scheme:
The section incentives scheme in R10 is designed to support AGs and SBs. These section incentives are funds that were distributed to sections at the end of the year. Collaborations with students and AGs are highly valued. We hope the sections will be willing to support activities conducted by AGs and SBs.
- Submission deadline: 15 September 2023
- Acceptance notification: 30 September 2023
- Execution duration of proposed project: 1 October to 15 November 2023
- Report submission deadline: 30 November 2023
- If the special funding request has been initially approved, the WIE Affinity Group must submit an activity report with details on the use of funds within one month after the conclusion of the activity. Final date to submit all reports is 30 Nov 2023.
- Submit your completed report form with copies supporting invoices/receipts in PDF file via the IEEE platform.
- Funding payments will be transferred to the relative IEEE Sections after receiving all reports. R10 will NOT transfer funds if the full activity and finance (income & expense) reports are not submitted on time.
- The activity report may be published in the IEEE R10 Newsletter, R10 WIE website and/or social media platforms.