The R10 IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) takes initiatives to provide various values for IEEE members and societies in Asia Pacific Region (R10) and promote achievements of women engineers/professionals. The visions are:
• Promote women in science and engineering in R10
• Motivate and inspire women engineers & scientists
• Foster women’s technological skills
• Encourage girls to be engineers & scientists
R10 WIE strongly supports and encourages WIE activities conducted by WIE Affinity Groups (AGs) in R10. Specifically, R10 WIE Committee selects excellent activities and gives R10 WIE funds for them.
R10 Women in Engineering (WIE) has instituted both the IEEE R10 WIE Section Affinity Group of the Year Award and the IEEE R10 WIE Student Branch Affinity Group of the Year Award to recognize distinguished WIE Section Affinity Group and WIE Student Branch Affinity Group respectively.
Based on the merit of each candidate AG, the R10 Awards & Recognition Committee may select one winner in each category for the prevailing contest year. If no AG is found to be suitable, no award will be given in that year.
The IEEE R10 WIE Section / Student Branch Affinity Group of the Year Awards are given annually to WIE Section / Student Branch Affinity Groups in R10 that have shown outstanding initiatives and performance in organizing activities. The awards are based on programs that took place during the period of 1 January to 31 December of the preceding year.
• The nomination form must be completed by Nominator who is familiar with the work and contribution of the candidate. Nominator must be IEEE members of any membership grade. The nominations must be endorsed by the Section Chair.
• Nominations must be sent to IEEE R10 WIE Committee Chair by the due date in electronic means. Make sure that an acknowledgement is received after sending the complete form in 3 days, or it should be assumed that the submission is not received.
• As a general rule, an Affinity Group cannot receive this award more than once every three years.
Basis of Selection
The IEEE R10 WIE Section / Student Branch Affinity Group of the Year Award are selected by R10 WIE committee based on the following criteria:
- Quality of activities and programs
- Support from the section
- Collaboration with student branch/YP affinity groups or other groups
- The number of participants
- Quantity of activities and programs
- Growth of affinity group membership
- Communication with its members
- What ways
- How often
If no candidate is found to be suitable, no award will be given for the year.
The R10 WIE awards selection committee is composed of at least 3 members, 2 of whom are nominated by the R10 WIE committee and to be headed by the latter’s chair. The award selection committee reserves the right to present no award if the committee is not satisfied with the standard or quality of entries received. The decision of the award selection committee, as approved by the R10 Director, is final.
• Call for Nominations: 20 March 2021
• Nomination Deadline: 30 May 2021
• Evaluation period: June to July 2021
• Recipient Notified: Around mid-Aug to early Sept 2021
A Plaque will be awarded to the Winner.
Award certificate will be presented to the primary delegate from the Section that the winning WIE Affinity Group(s) belong to, at the R10 Annual Meeting for them to be further presented to the winning WIE AGs at appropriate occasions of the Sections. If the representative of the winning WIE Affinity Group is able to join the R10 annual meeting without any financial support from R10, it is possible for the award certificate to be directly presented to them at the meeting/congress.
Record / Notification
R10 WIE Committee Chair will notify the result of selection by e-mail to individual award recipient. R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair will make an official result announcement to the Section/Council Chairs and Secretaries, and also maintain a record of award recipients on the R10 Website.
Submission of nomination forms:
Please submit the Nomination Form online and other two attached files (1)Events List & (2) Endorsement form from : http://bit.ly/2021-wie-ag-award
*On the case of you can’t access the google form, please submit your (0) nomination form and (1)Events List & (2) Endorsement form to:
• R10 Women in Engineering Committee Chair, Ms. Emi Yano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Cc. IEEE Asia-Pacific Limited Office (email@example.com)
• Cc. to R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Should you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com