Overview and Impact
The IEEE Region 10 Women in Engineering is excited to launch ‘MentorHer’ – our pilot mentorship program. This 8-week opportunity will connect 5 mentees with 5 mentors from the region to work together on designing and implementing a professional development plan. Mentor-mentee pairs will work together to identify areas of growth (career, leadership, volunteering, etc), develop an action plan guided by our MentorHer framework and review towards completion.
MentorHer aims to bridge and overlay the wealth of professional and leadership acumen in our community to budding aspirants. The program envisions to provide a holistic and personalized mentorship program by knitting in aspects of professional and life skills in a ‘real-world’ experience sharing approach. This mentorship experience will open doors to professional networks and potential long-term mentoring relationships.
- Sign up by September 5, 2021
- Mentor-Mentee assignments – September 15, 2021
- MentorHer pilot cohort commencement September 19, 2021
- Midpoint check-in October 17, 2021
- MentorHer pilot cohort graduation November 28, 2021
Eligibility and Expectations
- An IEEE Region 10 WiE member who is driven to make an impact in their mentee’s professional lives by guiding them in designing and implementing a professional development plan.
- Mentors should be able to commit 1 hour/alternate week for 8 weeks to engage and interact with their mentees.
- Mentors are expected to be a guide and stimulus in the mentorship journey, actively listen to the mentee, ask questions which will motivate the mentee to think beyond imagined possibilities, partner as an accountability buddy and provide honest, constructive feedback.
- IEEE Region 10 WiE member who is eager and committed to learn and grow and is looking for a guide in their professional growth journey.
- Mentees should be able to commit to 6-hours/week for 8 weeks towards their own professional development plan
- Mentees are expected to fully utilize this enriching opportunity by taking initiative to drive their mentorship journey, being committed to the action plan charted out between the mentor and mentee and interacting with a growth mindset and professional attitude.
- MentorHer mentorship framework along with tools and techniques for mentors and mentees to work together and,
- We as WiE professional development workshops on relevant topics