The R10 IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) takes initiatives to provide various values for IEEE members and societies in Asia Pacific Region (R10) and promote achievements of women engineers/professionals. Our missions are:
- Inspire, Engage, Encourage and Empower contribution of women in science and technology worldwide, and especially in R10
- Promote and highlight outstanding women in science and engineering in R10
- Motivate and inspire women engineers & scientists
- Foster women’s technological skills
- Encourage girls to be engineers & scientists
R10 WIE Student / Professional Volunteer Award has been established to recognize individuals who have exhibited exemplary and substantive leadership of an extraordinary nature in implementing activities which support the visions of R10 WIE, as stated above, at the local, regional, national, and/or international level. The accomplishments of the candidate should be of “significant performance” and should have made a distinguishing contribution to R10 WIE.
Based on the merit of each candidate, the R10 Awards & Recognition Committee may decide on the number of winners for the prevailing contest year. If no candidate is found to be suitable, no award will be given in that year.
- IEEE Region 10 WIE Student Award targets R10 WIE Student Member grade.
- IEEE Region 10 WIE Professional Award targets R10 WIE /Young Professional Member grade or higher.
- Nominee must be an IEEE R10 WIE member in good standing who has made an identifiable creative achievement and/or a significant contribution toward the visions of R10 WIE.
- Nominee must be an individual.
- The individuals nominated must be WIE members at the time of nomination.
- Nominee’s achievement and contribution must have been made within last 3 years for this award.
- A member of the R10 WIE committee cannot be a Nominee.
- Nominee must not have received any of the awards given by IEEE R10 WIE or IEEE WIE within the last 3 years.
- The nomination is accepted via IEEE Openwaters system.
- The nomination form must be completed by Nominator who is familiar with the work and contribution of the candidate(s) and endorsed by the Section Chair (The endorsement can be downloaded from https://wie.ieeer10.org/awards/ and need to be uploaded with the application from).
- Nominator must be IEEE members of professional membership grade.
- Members of the R10 WIE Committee cannot act as Nominator.
Basis of Selection
The IEEE R10 WIE Volunteer Award is selected based on the following points relating to the candidate’s eligibility:
- Contribution for the missions of R10 WIE
- Impact of activities over the society
- Uniqueness of the activities (new type of activities, new topics)
- Outreach & societal implication (Activities that address the societal needs)
- Leadership ability
If no candidate is found to be suitable, no award will be given in the year.
The R10 WIE awards selection committee is composed of at least 3 members, 2 of whom are nominated by the R10 WIE committee and to be headed by the latter’s chair. The award selection committee reserves the right to present no award if the committee is not satisfied with the standard or quality of entries received. The decision of the award selection committee, as approved by the R10 Director, is final.
- Call for Nominations: 31 March 2023
- Nomination Deadline: 31 May 2023
- Evaluation period: 1 June 2023 – 31 July 2023
- Recipient Notified: 30 September 2023
- An award plaque will be awarded to the winner.
- One-year IEEE Membership fee (basic IEEE membership only) will be subsidized by R10 for the award winner.
Award will be presented to the attending Section Chair or representative at the R10 Annual General Meeting. Section shall then arrange to present the award to the award recipient(s) at an appropriate local Section event/ occasion.
R10 WIE Committee Chair will notify the result of selection by e-mail to individual award recipient. R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair will make an official result announcement to the Section/ Council Chairs and Secretaries, and also maintain a record of award recipients on the R10 Website.
Submit your award nomination at:
The endorsement form can be downloaded here.
- R10 Women in Engineering Committee Chair, Khanita Duangchamkarn : email@example.com
- cc. Ewell Tan : firstname.lastname@example.org
- cc. R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair, Dr. Jing Dong : email@example.com