The R10 IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) takes initiatives to provide various values for IEEE members and societies in Asia pacific Region (R10) and promote achievements of women engineers/professionals. The visions are:
- Inspire, Engage, Encourage and Empower contribution of women in science and technology worldwide, and especially in R10.
- Promote women in science and engineering in R10.
- Motivate and inspire women engineers & scientists.
- Foster women’s technological skills.
- Encourage girls to be engineers & scientists.
R10 WIE strongly supports and encourages WIE activities conducted by WIE Affinity Groups (AGs) in R10. Specifically, R10 WIE Committee selects excellent activities and gives R10 WIE funds for them.
R10 Women in Engineering (WIE) has instituted both the IEEE R10 WIE Section Affinity Group of the Year Award and the IEEE R10 WIE Student Branch Affinity Group of the Year Award to recognize distinguished WIE Section Affinity Group and WIE Student Branch Affinity Group, respectively
For More Details – StudentBranchAffinityGroupAward.pdf
Past Recipients – R10 WIE Student Branch Affinity Group Award
2015 R10 WIE SB AG of the Year Award: WIE IEEE UVCE, Bangalore Section
2013 R10 WIE Student Branch Affinity Group Award: Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (Delhi Section)
2012 R10 WIE Student Branch AG of The Year Award: IEEE WIE CIIT, Lahore Section